How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links — the cost is the same to you, but we get a referral fee. Compensation does not affect rankings. Thanks!
Choosing the right hosting, webmail or domain company for your needs can be stressful. Choosing the wrong company can not only be frustrating, but it can also put your business in jeopardy. Below we will take a look at who 1and1 is, what they offer, and how to decide whether they are right for your needs in our 1and1 Review.
1&1 Review – Key Features
- 1&1 Domain is one of the top players and one of the largest domain registration companies. 1&1 offers domain name registration and domain transfer services in addition to a smartphone app that can be used to manage domains. Their domains are solid and reliable. We picked them as one of the best in our recent domain registrar comparison.
- 1&1 Hosting is dedicated to green web hosting. Overall, the data centers used by 1&1 are some of the most energy-efficient centers around the globe, resulting in the prevention of around 30,000 tons of CO2 emissions every year (In 2014 there were 35.9 gigatonnes of CO2 emissions). To learn more about the best hosting providers, check out our large hosting reviews comparison.
- 1&1 Webmail can be used to check your 1&1 email account associated with your domain name or website. The 1and1 webmail client allows you to access your email from any browser. Or, you can integrate with Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, or your favorite email client. Additionally, 1&1 offers smartphone apps to allow users to control their email via their smartphone.
You’ll notice we mention “renewal pricing” – this is because most registrars offer deals for the first year of domain registration, which is not reflective of the annual renewal price you’ll be paying over the years.
- Renewal Price for .com Domain Registration – $14.99
- Web Hosting – Unlimited $7.99/year, Unlimited Plus $9.99/year, Unlimited Pro $14.99/year
- Webmail – Basic $0.99/month, Business $4.99/month
Coupon1&1 often has seasonal coupon codes, visit our dedicated 1&1 coupon page to see and discuss current offerings.
Customer 1and1 Reviews
Positive 1and1 Reviews
I have been with 1 and 1 for about a year now, I always found their customer service second to none, they are always helpful and explain everything so simply… Fantastic service and also extremely reasonable prices. – Karen, Trust Pilot 2/29/2016
Wow what a great company!!! They helped me get my business online with a professional looking website. Their customer service is always helpful and patient with me. They go above and beyond to make sure my issues are resolved. Great prices, great support, and a professional website. Highly recommend. – John, BBB 9/27/2015
Negative 1and1 Reviews
Do not use this company for your domain. They are crooks. I had registered 2 domain names and never use either one of them. I thought I had canceled it until I received a letter from a collection company. After calling the condescending billing dept. I was told that I had not canceled and that I had to pay the now $33.00 bill. While talking with them on line I was on my “profile page”. There was nothing there indicating that I even owed this money. I will pay the ** bill but I hope that you don’t use them, instead go to GoDaddy – I have never had any issue with them ever! – Maureen, Consumer Affairs 2/11/2016
Yesterday I am trying to purchased a domain from 1&1, and they deducted my money without provide any service. Actually they stole money from my Payoneer MasterCard, and I also think they stored my account information for future uses. In that case I am so worried about my account information. There is no way to delete my all information from 1and1.com site. I contacted with 1and1.com by mail but they didn’t response my mail, after 10 hours I also contacted with their Facebook fan page and after 4 hours I got a replay from a 1and1 guy called Joshua. Joshua also disappointed me. Hare is the main thing is they deducted my money and stored my account information for future uses. So 1and1.com is the most fraud, ever I seen. – Sajal, Trust Pilot 3/1/2016
Video: 1&1 Hosting Helps Real Customers
Check out this video of a 1&1 customer. 1and1 hosting helped this bakery obtain a stronger presence online. Warning: You may find yourself craving sweets after watching this video!
Is 1&1 Right for You?
There are a wide range of products and services to choose from when considering 1&1. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to do a little digging and contact their customer service professionals before deciding whether this is the right company for you. If you find that 1&1 does not have what you’re looking for, don’t fret. There are many other companies out there that offer different options and specialties, many of which we discuss in-depth in our Domain Registrar Reviews and Web Hosting Reviews articles.
What do you think of 1&1?