How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links — the cost is the same to you, but we get a referral fee. Compensation does not affect rankings. Thanks!
Need a reliable and fast web host for your website? There are an overwhelming number of web hosting services out there; it’s really difficult to weed through the pack. That’s why we’ve done our research to give you our recommendations. Rochen (pronounced Rockin’) came out ahead when compared with most of the more recognizable, “bigger name” web hosting services. We’ll tell you why with our in-depth Rochen Hosting Reviews, where we’ll explore what they offer for both shared and dedicated hosting.
What’s the Difference Between Shared vs Dedicated Web Hosting?
Two of the most important features you want in a web host are reliability (consistent uptime) and speed (page loading time). There’s almost nothing worse than having your customers go to your website, only to watch a spinning wheel or a 404 Page Not Found error. You’re going to find a difference in both uptime and loading time depending on the type of hosting you’re signing up for — shared or dedicated. The good news? Rochen offers both shared and dedicated hosting, and both of Rochen’s hosting services largely leave their competition in the dust.
Shared Web Hosting
With shared hosting, you’re sharing server resources with a number of other clients (up to 100 or more, in some cases). The benefit? Shared hosting is cheaper than dedicated because hosting fees are divided up among all users. The downside? Your website’s performance is affected by other clients’ websites, which can result in slower speed, more downtime or a greater risk of hacker attacks. A key factor here is how many users a hosting provider places on one server, and whether or not they limit their resources.
Overselling is a term used where the total resources allocated to a pool of users exceeds the physical resources available on the server. A hosting provider may do this so they can sell more space on the server, knowing that not every user will max out their resources. The risk is that resource overuse is a possibility and therefore the server is more likely to go down. Rochen does not oversell, thereby dramatically increasing their servers’ reliability and reducing your website downtime.
Dedicated Web Hosting
If you opt for dedicated web hosting, you have a server and all of its resources all to yourself (ie. overselling doesn’t even come into play). Dedicated servers typically give your website much higher performance, faster loading speed, and better reliability (less downtime) than shared hosting. Sounds perfect, right? Having a server all to yourself is nice Kirk, but you’re going to pay a higher price for it.
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server – the hosting provider divides a dedicated server into chunks and puts a limited number of users on the server. You are allocated a dedicated “slice” of resources on the server. This is almost like having a dedicated server but at a lesser price tag. Many hosting providers are now offering cloud servers in lieu of VPS servers (including Rochen).
Cloud servers chain together many servers in the cloud, creating a network that can be scaled on demand (ie. if your website has a traffic spike, exceeding available resources, your cloud server can temporarily “grow” to make room for the new demand). This is a popular hosting model that is taking off because of it’s affordability and reliability. Rochen offers this.
Key Features of Rochen Hosting
The following key features and pros/cons apply to both of Rochen’s shared and dedicated hosting services (unless otherwise noted). You’ll see the differences between the two options in our Pricing & Tech Specs section just below our Pros and Cons table.
- Supports more than 150 different applications, including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento.
- Owns and has complete control over all its servers (some hosting services lease their server equipment from third parties).
- Holds Green Mountain Energy Certificate for environmentally friendly technology and practices.
- No overselling with shared hosting services (the account limits, i.e. bandwidth, disk space, are as promised, unlike many other shared services that stretch resources too thin among too many users).
- Rochen Vault restores your sites, files and databases quickly and easily.
Pricing & Tech Specs
Rochen Premium Web Hosting (Shared Hosting)
- $13.95 per month for month to month (+$13.95 set up fee); $10.95 per month for one year sign-up; $8.95 per month for two years sign-up; $7.95 per month for three-year sign-up
- 60GB SSD RAID10 storage ($2.00/month for 1GB)
- 1500GB monthly data transfer ($0.12/month for 1GB premium data transfer)
- Host unlimited domains
- Free primary domain registration ($13.95 each for additional domains)
- cPanel for each domain
- Free shared SSL certificate ($49.95/year for dedicated SSL certificate)
- Shared resource pool (free) or Burst resource level (guaranteed resources (2.4 GHz vCPU, 2 GB DDR4 RAM) for an additional $9.95/month billed annually)
Managed Cloud Servers (Dedicated Hosting)
- Starting at $200 per month
- Fully managed platform & managed backups
- VMware virtual machine
- 2 – 32 vCPUs
- 4GB – 156GB DDR4 RAM
- 100GB SSD-accelerated storage
- 2500GB monthly data transfer
- Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Domain WHOIS Protection/Privacy: $6.95/year
- Domain registration: $13.95/year (1-click setup automatically sets up your domain with hosting)
- Reselling option (provide your own hosting service, private label name servers, white label cPanel, and Client Exec CRM license) – $12/month billed annually
Try Rochen with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Rochen often has time sensitive coupons, find and share them here!
Why Is Rochen Our Winner?
In our opinion, Rochen’s higher price tag is worth it if you want excellent performance (speed and uptime) for both shared and dedicated environments. We highly recommend Rochen — so much so we chose them as our winner for best shared hosting environment and runner-up for best dedicated hosting environment in our annual web hosting comparison. Check out the review to see how Rochen stacks up against their competition.
Have you tried Rochen Hosting?