IMPORTANT NOTE: We are NOT accepting guest posts for our site at this time. If this changes down the road, we will update here.
Want to Write for Us?
Contributions (roughly 600-1,000 words of original body text) are written from an objective viewpoint and conveying valuable how-to content (practical advice, tips, and know-how) in a fresh, approachable and easily understood voice are more likely to meet our brand standards. Please submit your article by contacting us and include ‘Article Idea’ in the subject line. Detail to us the article topic and a brief summary. If approved, we’ll reply with an email address you can send your completed article to.
Articles accepted for publication will be edited for clarity, brevity and ease of readership. We may also make some editorial choices to better fit our brand standards.
- Articles must be originally written by the submitting author and not published elsewhere. Length should be 600-1,000 words.
- Once article topic is approved, we will respond with an email address to submit article in Word format (no PDF or other file formats), as an email attachment.
- Articles should offer readers clear advice, takeaways, and how-to tips about a specific topic in the tech world, special preference given to authors who are thought leaders in a specific niche area (e.g. web developer regarding troubleshooting, SEO consultant on organic search tips, email marketing practitioner on list growth strategies… you get the idea). Bullet points and lists are good to add emphasis when pertinent.
- Include relevant links in parentheses.
- If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies, be sure to disclose any vested interest you may have. And if this adds to your credibility, make it even clearer.
- If an article is published on a Cover Story Media website, the author grants copyright to Cover Story Media, Inc. with full attribution but the author will be given author credit as well as granted Google Authorship, if desired.
- NOTE: We do not pay contributors for their occasional articles.
Additional Details Required
- Bio – Include a brief bio of 25 words or less.
- Headshot – Send us a photo of you, max size: 250×250 pixels.
- Images – If you have any screenshots, charts, or other suggested images to accompany your article, send them along or let us know where we can find them. We reserve the right to select all final images but appreciate your input.
- Contact Info – GooglePlus, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn links, if you wish to share.
How to Submit Your Article
We invite you to submit your article idea via our contact form. Be sure to include ‘Article Idea’ in the subject line if you wish to be considered, along with the topic and summary of your post. If approved, we will reply with an email address to which you can send your full article.
If your article has been accepted for publication, we will let you know within two weeks of receiving your email. If we choose not to proceed with your article, you may or may not hear back from us, depending on how crowded our inbox gets. If we do proceed with publishing your article, note that our content calendar is relatively full for the near term, and publication could take 2 months or longer.
Share The Love
Once your article is published and your name is in lights, do not forget to share the link via your communication channels (social media, personal blog, hand-written letter to Grandma) and participate with our readers in the article’s comment section. Who doesn’t like to feel the love when they put themselves out there? We know we do!
Topics You Might Write About
- Guides, how to or 101
- Reviews of tools, software, hardware or apps
- Email marketing
- Organic SEO or paid search (PPC)
- Web coding and web design
- Troubleshooting common web problems
- Link building
- Local search
- Content marketing
- Competitive intelligence
- Social – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Digital business growth tips
Thank You For Your Consideration
We are honored that you are considering sharing your expertise with our readers – take the leap and become a contributor for us. We are sure you will add tons of value for our avid tech reader base.